Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Jobs that fits me - so far

Back years before, i was struggling doing my job. I mean, its not that i dont like it, its just that...so hard for my tiny brain to improve my skill based on learning from the Internet....while as everybody know...you could always learn from it. From the posted article, or from the forum. But somehow...i just dont understand what they'r talking about.

First job i got was a computer lecturer. I do love teaching...but somehow...it's not that easy to say what's on my mind to make my students understand what i'm trying to explain. Somehow, i want to learn how to upgrade my speech skill. Afterward, i became an implementer, a person who implements the software to a client, and try the best he can to explain the how to...and answering the problem that may arise. It was fun actually....but my skill does not improve. I just go to a client, explaining the software, listening to every question they have, if i could answer it then i will, otherwise, ill ask the programmer before it goes back to the client. The circle loops the same.

Then i tried to become a software QA. Based on what i've experiencing as an implementer, somehow i know how to find bugs and error. Read the specific requirement document...click here and there...then voila !...bugs are coming. But becoming QA is not just about clicking. There are many techniques. White box testing, black box testing...automatic software and many more. Until now, i dont even know the difference between the white and black box testing :P, and im not sure either, which one that i have skilled of. Maybe because i didn't get the basic theory about it. I tried to join a QA forum....frankly...i dont know what are they talking about. So blur !. And everytime i want to read the theory...not in about 3 minutes...., zzzzzz..... Amazing !

Now i tried a new job...as SEM. I didnt even know what SEM is in the beginning. I took this job just because my friend offered me and i was thingking...why not ?. I guess i was so lucky to have a very good leader who taught me so much about the basic principal of it. And without i realize, i started to become more n more interested in this field. Read many theories from Google, watch the video about it on youtube, join the webinar. And.....i could understand what they'r talking about. Yes i say...i do !. I know the theory and i know how to implement it in the reality. I understand when they r talking about max CPC, keyword optimization, quality score, impression share, how grouping the keywords and etc etc. And i like it. I like to know that i could understand it.

The more i learn about this, the more new technology arise. Google is so dynamic, and its so ..cool !. I finally found what ive been searching for all this time. A job where not just because i like, but i can follow it. One person ever said this sentence to me. When you work, choose either you really like, or make sure you get a well damn paid. I've tried the second one, didn't have a good feeling. Now im taking the first advise. And it feels so good :). I just hope this is not just a temporary feeling...for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment